The remote video testimonials are the by-product of the video testimonials.
Video testimonials are the most looked-for marketing strategies today. The reason being, it helps to present a business as desired to its target and also the general audience.
Traditionally, client testimonials have mostly been text-based. However, now, video testimonies are quickly replacing text reviews.
Thanks to this, video review software has also been introduced.
Making videos of client testimonials requires professional equipment and setup; not to mention a large budget. So, the remote video testimonials are slowly yet subtly taking the place of non-remote video reviews.
The use of remote video testimonials is on the rise. Yet, many stakeholders are still not familiar with how to create it.
This article mentions and discusses the five best ways a business can and should make remote video testimonial.
1. Make interviewee comfortable
The text reviews and the video reviews are similar in that they both involve the consent factor.
A customer review (positive) is for marketing a business. So, of course, before including a name in public, it requires consent.
However, taking consent for a video review is much more difficult. It is because of factors such as camera shyness, self-consciousness, etc.
It is, therefore, necessary to make people feel comfortable in being part of the remote video testimonial.
For taking consent in this regard, you may do the following:
- Ask the customers about the positive aspects of your product/service. However, tell them to answer it in a way they would answer without a camera.
- The time it takes for the remote video testimonial to complete is not definite. However, let the customer know about the estimated time it will take for completion.
- Assure the customer that they will be made prepared to give the feedback in the best-looking manner.
- Choose the time that suits the customers. Not the one that suits your schedule.
2. Prepare the interviewee
Facing a camera in the presence of a group of people can add to the already camera shyness.
However, facing a camera alone to answer a series of questions does not get any less awkward.
To make your remote video testimonials look professional, you can do the following in this regard:
- Settle the nerves of the interviewee by making a one-on-one video call.
- Discuss what and how the interviewee will narrate when being on camera.
- Share the series of questions with them.
- Do a rehearsed interview; because it gives one of the best remote video testimonial.
- In the rehearsal, make a draft of the best answers and responses given.
3. Ensure a suitable-speed internet
One of the best remote video testimonials has a suitable, if not the highest, speed internet.
With a low-speed connection from either side, the remote video testimonial become tiring. As a result, the whole process becomes jeopardized.
The client testimonials entail a lot of effort from a business. It has to convince, persuade, and whatnot the customer for providing client testimonials.
With an issue over which a business can’t do much, such as the low-speed internet, the customer tends to back off.
Of course, the customers, to do so, are well within their rights. And a business is obliged to accept it, though not whole-heartedly.
The least a business can do is to request the interviewee to close other opened apps or windows. So to make sure that the connection is not overloaded and thus the remote video testimonials are not affected.
4. Ensure a private space
A private space keeps the focus entirely on the customer and the feedback. It is also one of the best ways to create remote video testimonials
A fully furnished large room that can’t be exclusively used by the customer at the time of interview is of no use. Instead, a small but private room in the office or home is helpful.
However, a business has little control over it, as with the speed of the connection.
A business already does a lot of convincing to make the customer face the camera; for its gains. So persuading the customer further may make them change their mind, and they might step back.
Moreover, a business can’t impose it. Also, the interviewee may not have a separate room available.
So, a business is required to go with whatever resources are available.
Nonetheless, a business can make sure that the room stays locked while the interview lasts. It will help to minimize the distractions and maximize focus on the interviewee.
5. Use Vidmonials – A Remote Video Testimonials Service
If a business aims to make remote video testimonials, then Vidmonials should be its ultimate choice.
Vidmonials, a Remote Video Testimonials, using its innovative text-to-video feature, converts text reviews into videos. Thus, making remote video testimonials becomes the easiest.
By using it, a business can avoid the issues of making client testimonials remotely.
It can therefore be safe to say that Vidmonials is THE BEST way to make remote video testimonials. Because of the ease of the extent, a business can remotely make video reviews using it.
- Traditionally, client testimonials have been text-based. However, video reviews are quickly replacing text.
- Video-based reviews help to market a business effectively and are the most looked-for marketing strategies today.
- The video testimonials have resulted in remote video testimonials.
- Video-based client testimonials require a professional setup. However, remote video testimonials are free from the hassle of such a sort.
- From using Vidmonials to making the interviewee prepared, this article explains the five best ways to create remote video testimonials.